Click to visit our Ebay items
The XPA Gen3 modular power amplifier is comprised of a heavy-duty chassis, which houses the oversized power supply, and up to seven amplifier modules. The XPA Gen3 can be purchased with anywhere between two and seven amplifier modules installed, and additional amplifier modules may be installed as more channels of amplification are needed (up to a maximum of seven modules). The front panel display and protection system are designed to work with the maximum number of channels, and so need not be updated when the XPA Gen3 is expanded; on the rear panel, slots not occupied by amplifier modules will be covered with protective cover panels.
Note: To ensure that additional amplifier channels are installed properly, and function to our specifications, additional amplifier modules must be installed by Emotiva, or by your local authorized Emotiva service representative.
A Word About Power Ratings
Music is, by its nature, dynamic. While it’s relatively common for the two main channels in a stereo amplifier to be asked to simultaneously deliver high power levels, it is very uncommon for more than two channels to be called upon to deliver high power continuously at the same time, and this almost never occurs outside of laboratory test conditions.
In order to deliver the most dynamic performance where it counts - with real music - we have designed the XPA Gen3 modular power amplifier with a single immense power supply, which is able to deliver massive power continuously to any two channels, and to deliver huge amounts of power dynamically to any number of channels when and if called upon to do so.
The power ratings for the XPA Gen3 modular power amplifier are the same with both channels driven continuously in the two-channel version of the amplifier, and for ANY TWO CHANNELS DRIVEN CONTINUOUSLY in the versions of the XPA Gen3 configured with three, four, five, six, or even seven output channels.
- True audiophile-quality sound - as with all of our amplifiers, the XPA Gen3 modular power amplifier was designed first and foremost to sound superb in all types of audio systems.
- Amazing sounding wideband, low distortion amplifier design - ensures smooth, detailed sound and incredibly natural imaging - without a trace of harshness or strain.
- Optimized Soft-Switch Class H™ power supply topology - delivers improved efficiency without compromising audio performance.
- Switched Mode Power Supply (SMPS) - offers all of the performance of a traditional linear power supply, while improving efficiency and reliability, and reducing overall weight.
- Fully modular construction - allows you to purchase as many channels as you need today, and then add more channels later when and if you need them.
- Top quality parts and construction throughout - promise years of reliable service.
- Totally stable - designed for use in the real world, with real speakers.
- Heavy steel 4RU chassis with milled aluminum faceplate - provide strength and rugged good looks.
- Gold plated five-way speaker binding posts with clear shields - allow you to use a wide range of speaker cables with bare wires, lugs, or banana plugs.
- Solid machined gold-plated RCA input connectors - provide a reliable connection with a wide variety of audio interconnects.
- Choice of balanced or unbalanced inputs - independently controlled by high-reliability metal toggle switches to ensure long service life.
- Remote trigger input and output - allows the XPA Gen3 to be turned on by trigger-enabled equipment, and to activate other trigger-enabled equipment.
- Audiophile-grade fault protection - entirely transparent under normal conditions, yet protects the amp and your other equipment from all common fault conditions.
- World compliant AC line voltage operation - the XPA Gen3 operates on any line voltage between 100 VAC and 250 VAC 50/60Hz and is protected from faults by a rugged resettable circuit breaker.
- Standard IEC power inlet - fits all standard and audiophile IEC power cables.
- Full five-year warranty - ensures that you’ll be able to enjoy your XPA Gen3 amplifier for years to come.
The Heart of Your System
Our new XPA Gen3 amplifiers aren't just about power and impact. Behind the massive power supplies are audiophile-grade amplifier modules, built using premium components. We use the finest materials and the latest technologies to bring you world-class products. They are carefully engineered and designed to work together as stunningly capable, reliable, and refined systems. We listened both to you, and our gear, and we like what we hear.SPECIFICATIONS
A fully modular audio power amplifier with a high-efficiency switch mode power supply (SMPS), independent, fully discrete, dual differential, high current, short signal path Class A/B amplifier modules, Optimized Class H™ power supply topology, and microprocessor-controlled fault protection.
ALL MODELS: Power Output Per Channel
300 watts RMS per channel; 20 Hz - 20 kHz; THD < 0.1%; into 8 Ohms
550 watts RMS per channel; 20 Hz - 20 kHz; THD < 0.2%; into 4 Ohms
800 watts RMS per channel; 20 Hz - 20 kHz; THD < 0.5%; into 2 Ohms
ALL MODELS: FTC Rated Power; 2 Channels Driven; 20 Hz - 20 kHz; THD <0.1%
300 watts RMS per channel; THD < 0.1%; into 8 Ohms (120 VAC line).
490 watts RMS per channel; THD < 0.1%; into 4 Ohms (120 VAC line).
XPA Gen3 Power Per Channel: All Channels Driven; THD <0.1% ; into 8 ohms
300 watts RMS per channel
275 watts RMS per channel
260 watts RMS per channel
250 watts RMS per channel
225 watts RMS per channel
200 watts RMS per channel
Power Bandwidth (at rated power; 8 Ohm load)
20 Hz to 20 kHz (+ / - 0.1 dB).
Broad Band Frequency Response
5 Hz to 80 kHz (+ 0 / - 0.15 dB).
THD + noise
< 0.005%; at 100 watts RMS; 1 kHz; 8 Ohms
Signal to Noise Ratio (8 Ohm load)
> 115 dB; ref FTC rated power; unbalanced input (A-weighted).
> 86 dB; ref 1 watt; unbalanced input (A-weighted).
Minimum Recommended Load Impedance
4 Ohms; which equals one 4 Ohm load or two paralleled 8 Ohm loads.
Damping Factor (8 Ohm load)
Speaker Output Connections
Audiophile grade, gold plated, 5-way binding posts.
High efficiency, audiophile grade, Switch Mode Power Supply (SMPS).
Input Sensitivity (for rated power; 8Ohm load)
Unbalanced (RCA); balanced (XLR); one each per channel, independently selectable.
33 kohms (balanced).
23.5 kohms (unbalanced).
Trigger Input: 5 - 12 V (AC or DC); <10 mA input current required.
Trigger Output: 12 VDC; can drive any load up to 120 mA.
Between 100 VAC and 250 VAC @ 50 / 60 Hz (automatically detected).
Front Panel Controls and Indicators
Standby; push button (halo ring changes color to indicate Standby or On).
Status LEDs; one per channel; blue.
Status LEDs change to red to indicate a fault condition.
Rear Panel Controls
AC Power switch; rocker switch (switches AC main power).
Status LEDs switch; disables front panel Status LEDs and dims Standby button halo.
Input selector switches (one per channel); metal toggle switches; select between balanced and unbalanced inputs.
Circuit Breaker; press button to reset circuit breaker.
The XPA Gen3 is protected against excessive operating temperature, shorted speaker connections, ground faults, and other common fault conditions.
17” wide x 8” high x 19” deep (unboxed; including feet).
17” wide x 7” high x 19” deep (unboxed; without feet).
24-1/2” wide x 12” high x 24-3/4” deep (boxed).
XPA two Gen3:
35.5 lbs (unboxed)
XPA three Gen3:
39 lbs (unboxed)
XPA four Gen3:
42.5 lbs (unboxed)
XPA five Gen3:
46 lbs (unboxed)
XPA six Gen3:
49.5 lbs (unboxed)
XPA seven Gen3:
53 lbs (unboxed)
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!