Click to visit our Ebay items
OUR PRICE: £530.00
Product Condition: New
Trickle Down Theory In Action – Ultra Sound At A Prime Price
Borrowing heavily from the Ultra line, the Prime Bookshelf is packed with high-end technology and premium quality drivers, setting a new high-water mark for sound quality and performance value at this price point.
The crossover is the key to any great bookshelf, and our exclusive SoundMatch network is packed with quality components and exhaustive refinement for outstanding phase coherency and time domain behavior. The transition between tweeter and woofer is so smooth and seamless you’ll swear it sounds like a single full-range driver.
The front baffle of the cabinet is chamfered and the drivers are flush-mounted to reduce edge diffraction for a smooth high-end and outstanding imaging. Inside the FEA and CAD optimized cabinet is braced to eliminate resonances for an honest, neutral and uncolored midrange.
Driver and Crossover Details
- The 1” Aluminum dome tweeter, which is light, efficient, and rigid, provides high SPL (Sound Pressure Level) with minimal distortion and the sense of utter transparency. It deploys a Finite-Element-Analysis (FEA) optimized diffuser to ensure the tweeter only has the perfect on-axis and off-axis frequency response. That way everyone in your listening room gets the best performance. Likewise, since these share design traits with both the Prime and Ultra speakers, both product lines can blend well with one another while offering that SVS hallmark ‘airy’ presentation and incredibly unveiled highs.
- SVS built their groundbreaking new 6.5” bass woofer on an all-new cast ABS-fiberglass composite basket for precise component alignment and an inert frame without resonances or added harmonics. Like all of the other drivers in the Prime family, the polypropylene cone is light and rigid to give a flat frequency response and the SPL necessary to keep up with the other drivers. Like all of the other woofers in the Prime and Ultra series, the 6.5” woofer uses aluminum shorting rings for reduced distortion, and a vented voice coil former to keep the motor assembly cool during high SPL playback. For perfect bass extension the cabinet is rear ported and tuned perfectly for the 6.5” woofer.
- The SVS exclusive SoundMatch crossover sports premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors, and heavy-trace printed circuit boards. All of these high-quality components yield lower distortion, tighter tolerances, better heat dissipation, and all around better sound. The 2-way crossover is uniquely tuned so each driver can blend perfectly each other while offering the best on and off-axis response, while maintaining phase coherency and razor sharp time domain behavior.
Loudspeaker Physical Description:
- Bookshelf Loudspeaker
- Black ash and piano gloss black finish options.
- 5-way binding posts.
- 1.7” wide-flared rear-firing port.
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system.
- Elastomer stick-on bumper feet (adds 3mm to height)
- Overall Dimensions: 34cm (H) X 21cm (W) X 27cm (D) (includes grille and bumper feet).
- Shipped Dimensions 2 Pack: 44cm (H) X 57cm (W) X 37cm (D).
- Weight Unboxed: 15.5 pounds.
- Shipped Weight 2 Pack: 34.7 pounds
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!