Click to visit our Ebay items
OUR PRICE: £339.00
Product Condition: New
Prime Center: Clear Dialogue. Seamless Soundstage.
A center speaker has a challenging part to play. It has to be a soloist—delivering clear and natural dialogue across a broad soundstage. A split second later, it has to fill the role of back-up band—melding with the ambiance of the environment to contribute realism in movies and music. The Prime Center delivers on both of these demands with world-class precision via its 1” aluminum dome tweeter, dedicated and independently sealed 3.5” midrange driver and dual 5.25” woofers – a true three-way design that is a rarity for center channel speakers in their price class. Voicing is neutral and natural, bringing dialogue and vocals forward just enough to be clear and intelligible. Yet, when called on to play its part in transitions—like a jet fighter soaring across the sky from left rear channel to front right—it blends in to create a smooth, realistic transition. Elegantly styled like its Prime siblings, the Center will look beautiful in any listening environment.
Superior Technology and Design – Amazing Sound and Performance
Borrowing liberally from the flagship Ultra Center, the Prime Center channel features a true 3-way center channel with a vertically-aligned tweeter and midrange driver. This eliminates comb filtering and lobing in the horizontal axis – resulting in crystal clear dialogue at all listening positions in the room. Now everyone will have a ‘sweet spot’ and won’t have to strain to hear dialogue.
The dual 5.25” woofers deliver a full and rich sound, doing full justice to deep male voices and delivering plenty of punch on special effects. And to make sure those beefy woofers can’t modulate the delicate and critical midrange frequencies, the midrange driver is mounted in its own dedicated and completely sealed compartment.
Available in premium-grade piano gloss black or handsome black ash finish, the Prime Center is handsomely styled and tells the world you’re serious about high performance home theater.
Driver and Crossover Details
- The 1” Aluminum dome tweeter, which is light, efficient, and rigid, provides high SPL (Sound Pressure Level) with minimal distortion and the sense of utter transparency. It deploys a Finite-Element-Analysis (FEA) optimized diffuser to ensure the tweeter only has the perfect on-axis and off-axis frequency response. That way everyone in your listening room gets the best performance. Likewise, since SVS share these design traits with both the Prime and Ultra speakers, both product lines can blend well with one another while offering that SVS hallmark ‘airy’ presentation and incredibly unveiled highs.
- The 3.5” mid-range driver is dedicated to blending with the tweeter and the dual 5.25” woofers, while delivering natural, smooth, and clear vocals. The polypropylene cone is light and rigid to give a flat frequency response and the SPL necessary to match the other drivers. Like all of the other woofers in the Prime and Ultra series, the 3.5” mid uses a vented voice coil former to keep the motor assembly cool during high SPL playback. All of this is built on an all-new cast ABS-fiberglass composite basket for precise component alignment and an inert frame without resonances or added harmonics. Finally, the 3.5” driver is housed in a dedicated and tuned sub-enclosure to ensure the output is not distorted or colored by the flanking woofers.
- SVS build their groundbreaking new 5.25” bass woofers on an all-new cast ABS-fiberglass composite basket for precise component alignment and an inert frame without resonances or added harmonics. Like all of the other drivers in the Prime family, the polypropylene cone is light and rigid to give a flat frequency response and the SPL necessary to keep up with the other drivers. Like all of the other woofers in the Prime and Ultra series, the 5.25” woofers use aluminum shorting rings for reduced distortion, and vented voice coil formers to keep the motor assemblies cool during high SPL playback. For perfect bass extension both woofers share the majority of the rear ported cabinet volume, which is tuned for maximum bass extension.
- The exclusive SVS SoundMatch crossover sports premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors, and heavy-trace printed circuit boards. All of these high-quality components yield lower distortion, tighter tolerances, better heat dissipation, and all around better sound. The 3-way crossover is uniquely tuned so each driver can blend perfectly each other while offering the best on and off-axis response. Likewise, by virtue of using a dedicated mid-range driver, vocals are preserved perfectly and presented naturally and clearly for all dialog in center channel soundtracks.
Loudspeaker Physical Description:
- Center Channel Loudspeaker
- Black ash and piano gloss black finish options.
- 5-way binding posts.
- Dual 1” wide-flared rear-firing ports.
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system.
- Elastomer stick-on bumper feet (adds 3mm to height)
- Overall Dimensions: 20cm (H) X 48cm (W) X 24cm (D) (includes grille and bumper feet).
- Shipped Dimensions: 31cm (H) X 59cm (W) X 35cm (D).
- Weight Unboxed: 20.2 pounds.
- Shipped Weight: 23.3 pounds.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!